At Abbey Gate College Sixth Form, careers advice and sources of important information can be obtained from the Sixth Form Higher Education and Careers Library, the Sixth Form Tutor Team and from the College’s Careers Advisor (from MPLOY Careers Service).
The following are incorporated into the Personal, Social, Health and Economin (PSHE) programme in Lower Sixth:
- Careers interviews with an MPLOY advisor
- Advice on CVs & covering letters
- Help with interview technique
- Mock job interview (with an MPLOY advisor)
- Talks on Apprenticeships
- Talks on the Armed Forces
- Talks on Gap Year and Volunteering opportunities
- Opportunities to research careers using the Careers Explorer website and the Morrisby Profiles.
Each A Level subject also invites visiting speakers from professions related to their subject during the course of study.