We believe that no child should be prevented from attending Abbey Gate College due to financial circumstances. Bursaries are available for entry from Year 3 upwards, covering up to 100% of the full fees and is means-tested on an annual basis. Appropriate financial support for uniform and major College co-curricular trips may also be available in order to ensure that full integration and access to the curriculum is maintained. All information shared is confidential.
If you believe that you may be eligible please contact the Bursary for details on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarships and Awards
Up to four academic scholarships of up to 20% of termly fees are available for pupils joining the senior school at Year 7. These are awarded based on the marks gained in English, Mathematics and Reasoning at the entrance assessments, interview, reference from the relevant primary school for external candidates, and on other academic talents as identified by the Head. At least one academic scholarship is to be awarded to the highest achieving Infant & Junior School pupil.
- The Daphne Herbert Choral Scholarship – up to 20% termly fees
- The Music Exhibition Scholarship – up to 20% termly fees
- Up to 15% termly fees awarded to a maximum of two pupils.
The following scholarships are available upon entry into the Sixth Form, and are based on auditions/practical assessments as well as GCSE results, aptitude and interview.
- Sixth Form Academic Scholarship - up to 20% termly fees
- Sixth Form Music Scholarship - up to 20% termly fees
- Sixth Form Art & Design Scholarship - up to £500.00 per annum.
- Sixth Form Drama Scholarship - up to £500.00 per annum.
- Sixth Form Sports Scholarship - up to £500.00 per annum.
In order to qualify for a music, sport, art or drama scholarship the pupil must choose to study the subject at A Level.
Application forms for the above scholarships and awards are available from our Registrar and can be obtained by emailing email@example.com or calling 01244 564170.